In this section we intend to put all documentation targeted at NAV developers.
Introduction to NAV development
First of all, all new developers should read the HACKING document.
What to do?
– Common libraries shared by subsystems
– Covers both network collection processes and data/maintenance processes
– Covers the web toolbox with all its subsystems
– Covers Cricket, its web and RRD
Data model documentation
– Detailed information on the design of the NAV database
Device data model
– Detailed information about how NAV maps the physical reality of devices into its internal data model
Support systems for development
– Information about Hudson setup.
– Information about Navbot setup.
compares the number of code lines and what programming languages are used in various NAV releases.