NAV 5.6.1 released
The first maintenance release of the 5.6 series of NAV is now out!
The source code is available for download at GitHub.
New packages for Debian 10 (Buster) and 11 (Bullseye) are available in our APT repository as usual.
Please be extra aware of config file changes. Look out for
/etc/nav and make sure to update your running config.
- Ensure event variables are always posted in transactions, so the event engine does not accidentally end up processing incomplete event information (#2594)
- Report broken cache configuration as an error in Ranked Statistics tool, rather than taking down the whole NAV site (#2561, #2563)
- Show error message on invalid ip address in ipdevinfo (#2590, #2589)
- Link to correct room in room report if room has a space in its name (#2593, #2592)
- Work around duplicate internal serial numbers in Juniper equipment by trusting data only from the device with the lowest entity index (#2583, #2493)
- Make save function in AlertHistory, EventHistory and AlertQueue atomic (#2594)
- Ignore LDAP server referral responses, rather then erroring out during the login process (#2576, #1166)
- Include the
new_versionvariable in alert message templates for device hw/fw/sw upgrades (#2565)
- Update NAV blog widget to use the new blog URL (#2585)
- Handle invalid IP address input in ipdevinfo device searches gracefully, rather then crashing with a 500 error (#2589, #2590)
- Fix broken links to room details from room report for rooms with spaces in their names (#2592, #2593)
We always advise you to have a look at NAV’s accompanying release notes before upgrading.
Happy NAVing everyone!