The initial 4.7 series release of NAV is now out!
Because we discovered serious but easily fixable problems rather early, we decided to postpone posting on the blog. A separate post for the bugfix-release is posted as usual.
The virtual appliance will be updated shortly.
As always, we recommend you read the release notes for a fuller description of the new features and significant changes.
NAV 4.7 introduces the following user-visible features and improvements:
- #1174 (Rewrite ipdevpoll’s multiprocess mode to use generic worker model)
- #1183+#1463 (Monitor BGP connectivity)
- #1236+1416 (Feature request: API for unrecognized neighbors)
- #1239 (multidashboard export import)
- #1411+#1515 (Add PortAdmin “Write mem” support for H3C switches)
- #1428 (added broadcast & multicast counters to interfaces (ipdevinfo))
- #1467 (Add support for Comet MS series data loggers)
- #1468 (Rittal cmc iii support)
- #1469 (Powernet: Distinguish between phase load and bank load sensors.)
- #1472 (Added support for Raritan PDU2 mib PDUs)
- #1474 (Add a comprehensive view of collected sensors and their data on a new Sensors tab in ipdevinfo)
- #1475 (Collect sensor readings from Lenovo/IBM PDUs (Power Distribution Units))
- #1486+#1488 (Add a rack based view of environment sensors in a room)
- #1489+#1492 (Avoid redundant port counter collection from virtualized instances, such as Cisco VRF)
- #1498 (Add fullscreen mode for all maps)
- #1518 (Default setting for map starting point when selecting room geo location)
- #1522 (Auditlog)
These reported bugs have been fixed:
- #1403 (deleting a netbox makes data-collection stop)
- #1456 (The old status page code should be removed)
- #1462 (Netmap performance improvements)
- #1493 (Status widget, “Not device group” filter is wrong)
- #1500 (Sensor details - fix spelling on “Thesholds”)
- #1507 (The regexp for ifalias is not shown)
- #1511 (Minor IPAM improvements)
- #1519 (ipdevinfo doesn’t list aggregators for some Juniper interfaces)
Happy NAVing everyone!