The third maintenance release of the 5.0 series of NAV is now out!
The source code is available for download at GitHub.
New packages for Debian 9/10 (Stretch/Buster) are available in our APT repository as usual.
Please also be extra aware of config file changes. Look out for
*.dpkg-dist files in
/etc/nav and make sure to update your running config.
The virtual appliance will be updated shortly.
Python 2 reaches its end-of-life on January 1, 2020. NAV 5.0 therefore moves to Python 3, and as such, you will need at least Python 3.5 to run NAV.
Most of NAV will still run on Python 2 as of the 5.0 release, but from this point, Python 2 will be deprecated and we will start removing code that exists solely to keep compatibility with Python 2.
Fixed GitHub issues in this release:
- #2015 (Broken Mikrotik LLDP-MIB implementation causes ipdevpoll LLDP plugin to crash)
- #2055 ([BUG] Navlets crash/appear blank if their config is stored as legacy pickles)
- #2057 (Make servicemon run on Python 3)
- #2058 ([BUG] navpgdump crashes with TypeError on Python 3 if exclusion options are provided)
- #2059 ([BUG] Coriant Groove sensors names appear as reprs of bytes objects under Python 3)
- #2060 ([BUG] smsd gammudispatcher error handling fails on Python 3)
- #2061 ([BUG] silent_include tag template crashes any view that uses it)
- #2062 ([BUG] ipdevpoll considers the same devices changed on every reload loop, causing massive scheduling problems)
- #2063 (Massively reduce the number of queries produced by the API /alert endpoint)
- #2065 ([BUG] some servicemon checker runs crash with a UnboundLocalError)
- #2066 (Increase the max number of shown alerts in Status page to 1000 and provide feedback spinner when loading data)
- #2067 ([BUG] Alertengine Slack dispatcher fails with TypeError)
- #2068 ([BUG] Workaround for faulty Aruba ENTITY-MIB::entLogicalTable implementation crashes with TypeError on Python 3)
- #2069 ([BUG] ipdevpoll inventory job crashes with a Django ValidationError)
- #2070 ([BUG] Servicemon SMTP checker fails with " a bytes-like object is required, not ‘str’")
- #2071 ([BUG] Active maintenance task list crashes when tasks contain deleted IP devices)
- #2072 ([BUG] Servicemon RadiusChecker always fails with “secret must be a binary string” message)
- #2073 ([BUG] Room image upload crashes with a TypeError)
We always advise you to have a look at NAV’s accompanying release notes when upgrading.
Happy NAVing everyone!