The seventh maintenance release of the 5.0 series of NAV is now out!
The source code is available for download at GitHub.
New packages for Debian 9/10 (Stretch/Buster) are available in our APT repository as usual.
Please also be extra aware of config file changes. Look out for
*.dpkg-dist files in
/etc/nav and make sure to update your running config.
The virtual appliance will be updated shortly.
Python 2 reached its end-of-life on January 1, 2020. NAV 5.0 therefore moves to Python 3, and as such, you will need at least Python 3.5 to run NAV.
Most of NAV will still run on Python 2 as of the 5.0 release, but from this point, Python 2 will be deprecated and we will start removing code that exists solely to keep compatibility with Python 2.
Fixed GitHub issues in this release:
- #2106 ([BUG] Cached LLDP/CDP records are never re-evaluated)
- #2182 ([BUG] Delayed delivery alert subscriptions crash Alert Engine with a NameError)
- #2184 ([BUG] Unrecognized Neighbors are never removed when all neighbors have been identified)
- #2187 ([BUG] Locked accounts with a NULL value for a password cannot be edited)
- #2188 ([BUG] Useradmin user listing becomes excruciatingly slow when many users have password issues)
- #2189 ([BUG] Regression - ftp service check in 5.X does not work)
We always advise you to have a look at NAV’s accompanying release notes when upgrading.
Happy NAVing everyone!