The initial feature release of the 5.1 series of NAV is now out!
The source code is available for download at GitHub.
A new package for Debian 10 (Buster) is available in our APT repository as usual. Packages for Debian 9 (Stretch) have been discontinued.
Please be extra aware of config file changes. Look out for
*.dpkg-dist files in
/etc/nav and make sure to update your running config.
The virtual appliance will be updated shortly.
User-visible features and improvements
- #2021 (Add SeedDB action to clone netboxes and rooms )
- #2051 (Link to affected devices in Management profile)
- #2128 (Add device filtering options to ipdevpoll and pping, to enable support for horizontal scaling and distributed monitoring)
- #2175 (Implement NAPALM management profiles and connectivity)
- #2185 (Modernize the type dumping script and make it available as an installable script for end user use)
- #2204 (Add support for configuring Juniper switch ports in PortAdmin)
- #2173 (Clean up PortAdmin ManagementHandler interface)
- #2112 (Refactor PortAdmin’s SNMP back-end classes and factories)
- #2115 (Refactor portadmin configuration parsing bits)
- #2121 (Use nav.config.NAVConfigParser for PortAdmin configuration)
- #2205 (Adapt Portadmin UI workflow to meet needs of multiple backend protocols)
Fixed GitHub issues in this release
- #2078 ([BUG] NAV daemons are unnecessarily run as root)
- #2103 (Support Django 2.2)
- #2139 ([BUG] fanState and psuState e-mail alerts say “no message template is defined”)
- #2141 (Work around lack of entity names when collecting sensors from Arista devices)
- #2174 ([BUG] PortAdmin never issues a “write mem” operation when editing trunks)
- #2190 ([BUG] Regression - mysql service check does not work)
- #2197 ([BUG] Bottom part of room images are obscured by image caption)
- #2198 ([BUG] CSV export from Netbox interfaces in Room view produce wrong filename and content.)
- #2199 (Make servicemon HttpChecker use the port number from the URL, if present)
- #2207 (Netbox reference is not passed to customization template for the ipdevinfo “What if” tab)
- #2213 ([BUG] NAV does not import room position)
We always advise you to have a look at NAV’s accompanying release notes when upgrading.
Happy NAVing everyone!