This is an old revision of the document!
In this section we intend to put all documentation targeted at NAV developers.
Introduction to NAV development
First of all, all new developers should read the HACKING document.
What to do?
– Common libraries shared by subsystems
– Covers both network collection processes and data/maintenance processes
– Covers the web toolbox with all its subsystems
– Covers Cricket, its web and RRD
Data model documentation
– Detailed information on the design of the NAV database
Device data model
– Detailed information about how NAV maps the physical reality of devices into its internal data model
Support systems for development
– Information about Hudson setup.
– Information about Navbot setup.
compares the number of code lines and what programming languages are used in various NAV releases.